This year's Youtube Rewind Sucks. Period.

UPDATE: YouTube Rewind 2018 has officially achieved what many deemed impossible. Beat Baby at being the most disliked video on YouTube. Current standing at 10 million likes to 2.1 million dislikes. (Am I the only one who thinks YouTube should know a thing or two about making good videos, also the dislikes written below are as of 12th Dec)


YouTube released its annual YouTube Rewind 5 days ago. As of 12/12/18 (wow two 12's), that video is set to become the site's most disliked video. EVER, about to achieve the momentous goal after difficult competition from Baby, by Justin Bieber. As of today, there are 114,679,474 views (114 million) and 9.1 million dislikes, as compared to 2.1 million likes. Baby by Justin Bieber, on the other hand has 10 million likes (Don't ask me how, I don't know who these retards are either) to 9.8 million dislikes (that's more like it. YouTube Rewind 2018 has made big strides, considering that Baby, has 2 billion views, and has been garnering dislikes for 8 years in a YouTube corner. Rewind has come close in 5 days.
The video opens with Will Smith, who starts off the theme of the video, 'Everyone controls everyone', and spawns a Fortnite bus, with Marques Brownlee (MKBHD, sheesh people) on it, and Fortnite streamer Ninja as the driver. a few frames later, people around a campfire suggest that the video needs some, wait for it, K-Pop.
I mean that has to go up there on the list of bad ideas, right alongside Napoleon invading Mother Russia in winter, Hitler invading Russia in winter, suggesting that Donald Trump should run for President and putting pineapple on pizza. At this point I am ready to stab myself with the USB stick on my left hand side, but I wait. Then they feature drum roll.... Asap Science, Then something about Korea and Makbang and a dog. Then I hear words I have never heard in all my years on planet Earth, and sincerely hope I never have to again. "Marshmello needs to be in this video".
Really people?
After I alt f4 the browser, the computer, and prepare for a complete disk format, while bleaching my ears, a voice in my head tells me that I should give YouTube a chance. Maybe the rest of the video won't be so bad.
Big Mistake.
We have the In My Feeling's Challenge (I do agree it's supposed to be in the rewind)
Then its YouTube trying to be community uplifting, basically campfire toasts to stuff, like working moms, Asians in entertainment, Drag (Jesus Christ), which goes against the entire video, which is based on putting the YouTube communities wishes down.
Then some random girl says: "Let's give the people what they want"
And no, they don't feature PewDiePie after that for the entire video.
Instead they have comments like ASMR pls, Futeboll, Fortnite.(One hilarious comment said, "There was a bit of rewind in your Fortnite video")

Then there's other unimportant stuff like Starman (Rewindly speaking) and a bit of a montage. Then the torture ends. 
Including some comment snapshots so that you don't have to scroll down.







Hat's off to Puramshetty Rudhwik, the guy nailed it.

Comments